FAQ’S On Sexual Problems
Faq’s On Male
- share your worries by communicating with your partner
- spend more time with other form of sexual intimacy like kissing, cuddling, licking and massaging.
- Seek a doctors help
- Natural cause includes – naturally a person has low desire for sex
- Psychological cause – like relationship difficulties , sexual boredom with a partner, depression and stress
- Physical cause – low level of testosterone
Sex – therapy
Stop start [Do-Redo method] Men should stimulate the penis near the point of ejaculation and then stop for 30-60 seconds and again stimulate it. Repeat the process for five to six times.
Squeeze: – Stimulation to penis should be done near the point of ejaculation and then firmly squeeze around the penis just below the head. It has effect of preventing ejaculation.
Medicine: – Local anesthetic gel or spray will reduce the penile sensation. Some times antidepressant drugs are also prescribed when a man has some religious reason for not touching the penis with his hand.
Give some tips to reduce the premature ejaculation :
- Condom, &/or anesthetic spray will reduce the sensitivity of penis
- Don’t attempt intercourse until your partner had an orgasm
- Increase frequency of ejaculation [masturbation] this might help to delay subsequent ejaculations.
- Communicate with your partner
- Do stress relieving exercise.
- Firm determination will also help you to control ejaculation.
As described earlier there are mainly two causes
* Age – Aging is associated with decreased penile sensitivity
* Drugs – Because of side effects Antidepressant or any other drug
* Hormone imbalance – It can also lead to delayed ejaculation.
* Nerve damage
Psychological causes :
* Performance anxiety
* Self – consciousness
* Relationship difficulties
* Relaxation exercise
* Use of vibrator
* Sex therapy
* Avoid penetration till the point of ejaculation
* Check with doctor if you are on any medication
Please provide healthy guidelines for better sex life and to prevent in / sub fertility
Following are the few tips:-
Healthy food habit and supplements:-
Obesity is a major problem in sexual dysfunction, diabetes and hormones.
To keep yourself fit avoid refined carbohydrates, sugar, oil, fatty food etc and take more of protein [chicken, fish for non vegetarians], vegetables, salads etc.
- Dietary supplements like multivitamin or multi minerals.
- Vitamin E improves blood vessels of penis and also of heart. 400-800 IU vitamin E per day will help in normal erectile function
- Arginine – It increases production of nitric oxide [which expands blood vessels] – and as a result helps in maintaining erection. Dosage is 1000 mg twice a day.
- Testosterone – this hormone may increase sexual libido and activity.
Quit smoking / alcohol:
Tobacco is having hazardous molecules called free radicals which is associated with in/sub fertility
* Avoid wearing tight underwear
* Regular exercise.
* Healthy Life style
- Viagra [Sildenafil Citrate] is a medicine to restore erectile function, it selectively works on penis. Viagra will work by increasing the smooth muscle relaxation in the penis, and with this efficiency of the erection will increase. PDE-5 [Phosphodiesterase type-5], enzyme exclusively found in penis – Viagra works on this enzyme.
- The only contraindication to Viagra is the use of nitrates [sublingual nitroglycerin, long acting nitrates, and nitrate paste]. Both cannot be used at a time. The severe side effect will be drop in blood pressure.
- Viagra is taken half an hour before desired sexual activity. The dosage is once a day.
- Viagra will work if the man is aroused. 60-70% men with erectile dysfunction can achieve erection with Viagra. One point to be remembered is Viagra has no effect on libido; it will not increase the sex drive.
- Erection mechanism is complex – it begins in the brain, thoughts and stimuli sends signal to penis through the nervous system. Released chemicals in penis triggers sponge – like tissue in the penis to become filled with blood – which causes erection.
- Some time if signals from brain are unclear or other conflicting stimuli prevents the erection. Some worries, anxiety, work pressure, stress or performance anxiety will cause the problem. You can take help of sex therapist, counsellor to rule out the possibilities.
- This problem needs medical attention.
- Pain during intercourse will fall in three categories.
- Pain in penis while erection
It can be because of
– Peyronie’s disease- due to this you might also observed curve or Bend in the penis when it is erect.
– Irritation of the skin along the shaft of the penis [balanitis] – Infection of the prostate gland or urethra either case you should contact the doctor.
Pain during ejaculation / and pain in pelvis
It can be because of
– Infection of the urethra
– Sexually transmitted disease.
A dry orgasm is a sexual climax that does not result in ejaculation that is no discharge of semen. The semen back flows into bladder rather than emerging through penis. This condition is called “Retrograde Ejaculation”. The possible causes for this condition are
– Prostate surgery
– Certain medicine [eg.alpha blockers used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia [BPH] – Damage to the Prostate or seminal Vesicles [because of Prostatectomy, Cystetomy,Radiation therapy]
In this condition is selected to infertility, and then sperm is recovered from urine for use in artificial insemination.
Average length of penis is 4 to 8 inches [10-20 centimeters]. Penis size can be increased and there are two procedures, medical and surgical procedures.
- By repeated stimulation
- Frequent masturbation
- Frequent sex
- Massage with cream, oil etc
- Vacuum pump
- Fat injection
- Penile Augmentation surgery
Faq’s On Female
|Low Sex drive or lack of libido|
or Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD)
|33.4% Women Affecting|
|Difficulty in Orgasm||24.1% Women Affecting|
|Pain during Intercourse||14.4% Women Affecting|
- Drugs/Medicines: Birth control pills, mood stabilizers, tranquilizers and anti-depressant drugs has affect on sexual desire.
- Daily responsibilities: As women plays multiple role in her life like, mother, daughter etc., she is often tired with day to day activities and as a result women lost interest in sex.
- Emotional issues : To rule out the possibility, woman must consult a doctor
There are mainly two factors: Physical or biological & Psychological factors
- Physical factors are hormonal imbalance as women experience a range of sexual responses for marriage to child birth to menopause. In every step there are chances of hormone imbalance. The other causes include infections, diabetes, multiple sclerosis and side effects and certain drugs.
- Psychological factors includes culture, family, personal experiences, job worries, anxiety, pressure of juggling day to day work and family, depression, past sexual abuse or rape. Many factors plays – role for sexual problem. Even one time psychological trouble can create biological or physical problem and vice versa. It is better to consult a doctor at the earliest.
After the menopause following changes will be happening in the body.
- Loss of hormone estrogen
- Emotional changes
These both conditions will lead to loss of libido and ability to become aroused.Hormones replacement therapy and vaginal lubricants will improve the condition and sexual problem will be solved. In fact, you can enjoy a sexual life more because there is no fear of getting pregnant and thus you can relax and enjoy intimacy.
Mind processes sexual information to the body – which is poorly understood and why we respond to sexual feeling, moods, pictures, videos and books are also a complex phenomena. Following are the hormones required for good sexual life.
- Testosterone : It is necessary for sexual feelings and response.
- Estrogen : It is made from testosterone and woman having normal menstrual cycle confirms the estrogen as well as testosterone. Estrogen is necessary for the genital response and for breast response to sexual stimulation. Estrogen is required for blood supply to vaginal wall and as a result vagina secretes a lubricating fluid.
- Protection : Pituitary gland produces prolactin and high amount of prolactin is associated with absent or irregular periods or difficulty in conceiving.
- Thyroid hormones: Correct amount of this hormone is required for sexual feelings and responses. In women with under active thyroid glands, the common sexual problem will be less libido and lowered sexual response.