Implantation failure can be divided into three areas.
- Problems with the embryos
- Problems with “host” uterus
- Problems in the interaction between embryo and uterus.
Failure to achieve a pregnancy following 2-3 IVF cycles in which reasonably good [ high grade embryos] embryos were transferred is termed as implantation failure.
Embryonic loss which occurs repeatedly after Assisted Reproduction may be attributed to many factors.
These are grouped into three categories :
- Decreased endometrial receptivity
- Embryonic defect
- Factors with combined effect