Advanced Maternal Age and Risk
- Higher risk of genetic abnormalities
- Gynecological problems such as pelvic infection, tubal damage, endometriosis, fibroids, ovulation problems etc tends to increase with age
- Libido will decrease with age
- Endometrial receptivity will decrease with the age
- Advanced maternal age increases the risk of autosomal dominant diseases such as Marfans Syndrome, Neurofibromatosis and Achondroplasia.
- Maternal health problems like Diabetes, Hyper tension increases maternal and fetal morbidity and mortality.