IVF | ICSI TREATMENT
Assisted Reproductive Technology offers new hope and possibilities for couple who would otherwise be unable to have children. In Vitro Fertilization or IVF involves stimulating the woman’s ovaries with fertility medication like gonadotropins to produce more number of eggs. These eggs when near to maturity are triggered with hCG injection, these eggs are then retrieved while the woman is under mild anesthesia. The eggs thus retrieved are fertilized with her husband’s sperm in the IVF lab.
The process of fertilization and embryo development are carefully monitored by an embryologist for 3-5 days. The resultant embryos are then thus transferred back to the woman’s womb in anticipation of a successful pregnancy. The decision to opt for an IVF procedure may be most challenging and difficult one couple can make. We at Dr. Rama’s Institute for Fertility strive hard to see that each couple have individualized plan as per their requirements in order to maximize their chances of a having a successful pregnancy. Patience, individual attention, perseverance and emotional support is what we provide exclusively at our place because of which our hospital is ranked among the best institutes not only in India but perhaps across the globe.
The full spectrum of IVF laboratory procedures are performed at, Dr. Rama’s Institute for fertility including:
- Fertilization with intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): ICSI is an effective method of fertilizing eggs in situations when insufficient sperm is available, sperm parameters are compromised, or when previous fertilization methods have failed. Through ICSI, even the most severe cases of male infertility – very low numbers of sperm or even no sperm in the ejaculate – can be successfully treated with IVF. In these cases, sperm often can be obtained from the testes or epididymis by a minor outpatient procedure.
- Assisted hatching: In order for an embryo to implant in the uterus it must break through the zona pellucida, a thin “shell” surrounding the embryo. The process of the embryo breaking through the zona pellucida is called “hatching.” Hatching can be aided by making a tiny opening in the zona pellucida just prior to transferring the embryo to the uterus. In Dr. Rama’s Institute for fertility IVF program, assisted hatching is routinely performed on all embryos before they are transferred to the uterus.
- Embryo freezing: Surplus embryos that are not transferred to the patient’s uterus may be able to be frozen (“cryopreserved”) for future use by the couple. In Dr. Rama’s Institute for fertility IVF program, cryopreservation of embryos is carried out either on the third day after egg retrieval when the embryo is between 6 and 8 cells in size or on the fifth or sixth day after egg retrieval (the “blastocyst” stage). Embryos that have potential to become successful pregnancies in the future are cryopreserved.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD): Dr. Rama’s Institute for fertility IVF program was the first in the region to launch a PGD program. PGD involves removing a single cell from a developing embryo at the eight-cell stage. The cell is then analyzed for chromosomal and/or specific genetic disorders. For patients with sex-linked diseases or single gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis, genetic screening of embryos is a powerful technique. In these patients, IVF coupled with embryo screening can greatly reduce the risk of offspring being affected by the disease.
- Oocyte/ovarian tissue cryopreservation: Rama’s Institute for fertility IVF laboratory is becoming increasingly active in the area of freezing eggs and ovarian tissue. There have been very few births resulting from ovarian tissue cryopreservation and it is clearly still very experimental. In contrast, egg freezing has become much more successful in the past decade and is no longer considered experimental. Egg freezing may be considered for: Women with cancer who are about to undergo chemotherapy that can cause their ovaries to be unable to make eggs in the future. Women who are undergoing In Vitro Fertilization who do not feel comfortable freezing all or any embryos Women in their 30’s who are delaying childbearing
- Genetic Screening for Chromosome Anomalies: Dr. Rama’s Institute for fertility is offering a new technique for screening patient embryos and selecting those most likely to result in a pregnancy. This powerful new technique known as Trophectoderm Biopsy allows the removal of multiple cells at the blastocyst stage. Embryos can be examined for inherited genetic disorders as well as chromosomal abnormalities. Patients with recurrent losses or at risk for chromosomal abnormalities can have their embryos analyzed using the new Genesis-24 screen. By testing a patient’s embryos for chromosomal abnormalities and selecting only normal embryos for transfer, the patient’s opportunity for a pregnancy with a healthy baby is increased. The Genesis-24 technique is quite powerful and allows transfer of embryos in the same IVF cycle.
Our team makes sure you understand what’s going on and why, and have the support you need through your treatment.
INTRACYTOPLASMIC SPERM INJECTION (ICSI)
If you want to undergo with ICSI procedure infertility, then consult our ICSI fertility treatment center/Hospital to know all possibilities of success among ICSI treatment in Hyderabad at low cost. Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection procedure has been a benefiting too many men who are trying to achieve parenthood. For couples with prominent malefactors problems like low sperm count and low sperm motility, this is the best treatment. Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI treatment is most successful for men who are infertile and these are nearly used in IVF treatments. Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection needs only one sperm to inject directly into the egg. The fertilized egg i.e. embryo is then transferred to your womb (uterus).
- Previous failed IVF Treatment.
- Men with low sperm count – Oligospermia
- Men with poor sperm motility – Asthenozoospermia
- Men with Zero sperm count – Azoospermia
- Men who underwent surgical sperm revival techniques like TESA/TESE/MESA/PESA
- High values of Sperm DNA abnormalities
- More than 50 % fertilization failure with IVF cycle.